All gifts to the Nicholls Forward Annual Fund are designed to give funding to areas that are presently in most need on campus. The decision to fund the areas of the annual fund was made following numerous discussions with Nicholls administration and done in conjunction with the Nicholls strategic plan. Below are the areas of funding and examples of how some funds were used:
Sustaining Campus Facilities and Beautification
As the buildings and facilities of campus continue to age, the structures remain solid; however, many would benefit from simple yet effective improvements. Funds from this area will be used to enhance the campus with cosmetic upgrades to both facilities and grounds.
* Funds were provided to renovate the Student Engagement Suite in the Student Union
* Funds were provided to renovate “The Wood,” a student hangout area in front of the Student Union
Building Faculty Strength and Capacity
Students deserve the best faculty and the faculty deserves the best opportunities to further their education and provide learning experiences for their students. Funds from this area will flow through each dean to be used at his or her discretion for their faculty for areas and items such as attending conferences or purchasing special equipment for the classroom.
* Funds were provided to each Dean to use at their discretion
* An account has been established to help attract new faculty
Enriching the Student Experience
Students with the ability and determination to attend Nicholls will have this opportunity through scholarship support. Additionally, students will thrive in a stimulating atmosphere that fosters involvement, community service, creative
expression, and personal growth. Capitalize funds from this area will not only provide scholarships to students, but also give students the opportunity to enjoy their college experience outside of the classroom.
* Funds were provided to cover expenses for prizes for numerous student events and activities
* Funds were provided to purchase new laptops for University Counseling Center to better serve students
Fostering Quality Across Campus
On nearly a daily basis, unforeseen needs arise in areas across campus. From assisting with an emergency repair to providing for a special experience for faculty and staff, funds from this area will assist Nicholls in meeting those needs.
* Funds were provided to purchase new uniforms for Campus Police to replace those that were over ten years old